Monday, December 1, 2008

Banana Split "Cake"

9 Honey grahams, finely crushed (about 1 1/2 cups crumbs)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 pkg (8 oz each) Cream cheese (I used the Neufchatel cheese because it has less fat)
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
6 bananas, sliced (I didn't need that many, cut them up as you need them)
2 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4 serving size each) Instant Vanilla pudding
2 cups thawed cool whip
1 cup Planters chopped pecans

Mix graham crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar and the butter; press onto the bottom of a 13x9 -inch pan. Freeze 10 min.
Beat cream cheese remaining 3/4 cup sugar with electric mixer until well blended.Spread carefully over crust.Top with pineapple and sliced bananas.
Pour milk into large bowl. Add the dry pudding mixes.Beat with whisk for 2 minutes or until well blended.Gently stir in 1 cup of cool whip.Spread over the banana layer.Top with remaining 1 cup of cool whip.Refrigerate at least 5 hours.
Slice remaining bananas just before serving; arrange on top.Sprinkle with pecans.
When I made this I did not think that it was necessary to have more cool whip on the top (I thought the sugar count was high enough). So, I crossed that off the list. Then I thought what is a banana slip with out chocolate sauce and strawberries. So, I drizzled some chocolate syrup on the top and instead of the bananas on top I sliced up some strawberries. I am not the biggest fan of pecans, so I used chopped peanuts.This was a really good treat. The whole family loved it.

No comments: